Professional Development Funding
This funding is provided to licensed child care programs to assist with the costs of approved post-secondary tuition and textbooks as well as approved conferences or workshops for their eligible staff certified as Level 1 Early Childhood Educator, Level 2 Early Childhood Educator and Level 3 Early Childhood Educator.
To receive professional development funding, you will need to submit a Professional Development Funding Request form (PDF, 121 KB).
Professional development grant funding is intended for staff that are paid employees of eligible child care programs who:
- provide direct child care, including program supervisors and alternate supervisors (as defined in the Early Learning and Child Care Regulation), as well as persons hired in the role of family child care consultants/coordinators with a contracted family day home agency
- are certified as an Early Childhood Educator Level 1, 2 or 3
- are a Canadian citizen or an official Permanent Resident of Canada
- have worked at least 29 hours per month for the previous 2 consecutive months from the date of the expenditure or the date the application was received
How to Apply
Step 3: Send in your application
Save a copy of the grant application form for your records. Then send it using one of the following methods:
- Online only – Click the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the form after you have completed it.
- Print and mail the application form to:
Alberta Child Care Grant Funding Program
Early Childhood Development Branch
Sterling Place, 9940 106 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2N2